This image almost makes me want to watch this series.
But then a movie was announced.
RE-MAKE MOVIE WHICH MAY BORE CURRENT FANS BUT IMPRESS ME FTW.
I like weapons. They hurt people who deserve to be hurt (most of the time) and they look damn cool doing it (most of the time). But while some weapons SUCK there are those which are so mind-blowingly amazing or ingenious that they just make people otakus take notice. This is a list of anime weapons I’ve seen that really make me go OMG I WANT A REPLICA OF THAT or HOLY F-ING SH*T THAT’S AWESOME! To get a few things out of the way, this list will most likely not be comprehensive enough for many people, as I haven’t seen too much anime (yet).That’s why it says “My” in the post title, as only having seen around 125 or so anime, I consider myself a n00b ORZ.
1.This list is solely focused on weaponry wielded by human beings (or things in humanoid form). That means no giant mecha (so as to exclude the MASSIVE armories of many shows like Macross and Gundam, neither of which I’ve seen) but suits and the like are eligible.
2. There will be no usage of martial arts or magical abilities.No, I know what you’re thinking, but there is no place for Dragonball/Z/GT/The billions of movies they’ve made plus that one real-life one that will be made that will be HORRIBLE. Or Mikuru Beams.
Okay, I lied. But it’s still not part of the list.
3. Only one weapon per series, as there were some I would most likely take from the same shounen anime.
It’s not Bleach.
Some of you may not agree with this list, but that’s why it’s a good list. That and most of the time I have no idea what I’m talking about. I think.
And so we kick it off with…
#10: Soul Eater
Soul And Maka: Scythe Partnership
I think that many can agree that the first fight of Soul Eater was AWESOME quite good. The series has managed to maintain it’s high quality through 23 episodes (except for that one filler about Excalibur. He’s definitely on my list of characters who I wish to kill in anime. Hmm, methinks that may be another idea for a Top Ten. Woops, digressing.) But for me, though there have been an abundance of impressive action scene’s in the show, this first one shall be forever ingrained in my mind simply because it had a scythe in it. I love scythes. Perhaps this represents some sort of unhealthy obsession with the Grim Reaper PRAISE SHINIGAMI SAMA or death, but I just think that the things are damn cool. And the first fight of the series (and the many succeding ones) demonstrate reasons for this perfectly. Not only is it a generally great weapon, but the way Maka wields it is divine. Reasons why it/Soul rocks
- It’s ridiculously shiny and sleek.
- The colours of black and red contrast greatly, and fit in with the general style of the show.
- It has a badass eye on at the top.
- It can be used as a foot hold, or to gain leverage on opponents.
- It’s length and structure means that a skilled user can guard their entire body from most angles.
- It’s ALIVE. Soul provides constant support and advice to Maka during battle, suxh as advice on how to defend.
- Maka just looks plain awesome while fighting/spinning/slicing/whirling with it. (Except when she went crazy and tried to bite Chrona’s head off, but that’s neither here nor there).
When something looks similar to a grinning moon that spews blood in the night sky, you KNOW you should be scared.
- It becomes a giant half-moon of death that creates a slicing energy wave whenever it comes into contact with something.
And if your questioning why Stein’s not here instead, it’s because he doesn’t have as much dexterity with Spirit as Maka does with Soul. But it doesn’t matter if he’s not here.
He’s still CRAZY AS FUCK AND AWESOME TOO.